In The Complete Idiot’s Guide® to Gluten-Free Cooking, readers will find:
* Over 220 delicious recipes generously covering every meal of the day
* Breakfast with waffles and pancakes, Lunch, Dinner and Snacks
* Numerous breads, buns, biscuits, muffins, and even cracker recipes
* Recipes for pizza crust, pasta, noodles, dumplings, and stuffing
* One flour mix used for all recipes – to save hours of time
* Dessert recipes, including cakes, cupcakes, pies, brownies, cookies,
* Recipes for crepes, and blintzes
* Resources for finding gluten-free off-the-shelf foods
* Dairy-free alternatives, because gluten and dairy intolerance often go hand in hand
* Menu plans for all occasions including Thanksgiving Dinner, Holidays and Brunches
Gluten is associated with numerous illnesses, and for those who need or want to eat gluten-free, preparing one’s favorite foods has been difficult, until now. The Complete Idiot’s Guide® to Gluten-Free Cooking makes it easy to prepare delicious gluten-free meals and to make substitutions in one’s favorite recipes. Also included are tips for baking gluten-free, arguably the most difficult part of going gluten-free. Most recipes contain five steps or fewer.
About the Author:
Jean Duane, Alternative Cook, LLC (Centennial, Colo.) produces instructional DVDs and video streams for her extensive website (alternativecook.com) in which she shows how to cook without gluten, dairy, and other food-allergens. She has written and published Bake Deliciously! Gluten and Dairy Free cookbook. She has also produced several spots for Comcast’s Video on Demand, made television appearances on PBS and on “Bringing It Home.” A regular speaker and magazine writer, she won
Kiplinger’s “Dream in You” contest 2006.